Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day

My wife and I will be going camping and fishing for the next couple of days for some much needed R and R, so I won't be posting again or able to respond to comments for a few days. Like us, I'm sure you will be having fun this Memorial Day weekend. Please take some time however, to remember those men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our liberties. If know someone who is an active duty service person or veteran, thank them for their service. Freedom isn't free, it comes with a heavy price, and we can't ever forget that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Griz, I did 3 days of canoeing with my sons' Boy Scout troop and only had to kill one wood tick. One woman along took a tick off and tossed it back into the grass alive. We told her PETA would have a commendation certificate to her shortly.

BTW, if you don't have a Sawyer(c) Wood Tick Plier, I heartily recommend them.

Grizzly Bear said...

Hi padraig
LOL! Yes, you are correct PeTA probably would have commended her. And they would have condemned you for killing one. Because, you see, ticks are rights-holding, non-human persons that deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Killing one is the height of human arrogance and speciesism. There is no moral difference between killing a tick and the Holocaust. And you know, this kind of violence only leads to more violent behavior. Today you're killing ticks, tomorrow you're setting puppies on fire, and then you're murdering other people. You need "humane indoctrination", oops I mean "humane education", my friend.
That is the idiotic worldview as presented to us by the AR movement.
And yes, I have the tick plier which you refer to. Always have it in my pack when I'm hiking, hunting, etc. Very effective and handy.